Valentine’s Day is almost here and many us are gearing up for all the fun school events, activities, and parties that are planned for the kids. As with many holidays, the focus may be primarily on little ones, but we invite you to also celebrate Valentine’s Day with your nanny with our five fun suggestions.
1. Work with the children to help create a card for your nanny. Be sure to write in a nice note expressing your appreciation for their hard work, care, and love they share everyday.
2. Work with the kids to make a heart-felt project. Piece all the lovely photos your nanny and kids and make a creative collage. Add some hearts, paint, stickers or sparkles.
3. Make a special surprise treat with the kids like cupcakes, cookies, or fruit popsicles.
4. Gift your nanny a membership to INA (International Nanny Association) or pay for a professional development course.
5. Set aside some time at the end of the day to Friday to celebrate with your nanny and family. Present your nanny with any special gifts or crafts you created. Enjoy the treats you made and share a few special minutes together.
If your family is are fortunate enough to have a caring and loving nanny, take some time to let her know how wonderful you all think she is this Valentine’s Day. We want to know! Do you have any special plans for your nanny this year? Share your ideas in the comments section below or on our Facebook or Twitter pages: @TheNannyDoctor #ValentinesDay